Chapter 7: Managing Stress and Emotions
After reading this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the stress cycle.
- Recognize the sources of stress for employees.
- Recognize the outcomes of stress.
- Understand how to manage stress in organizational contexts.
- Understand the role emotions play for attitudes and behaviors at work.
- Learn about emotional labor and how to manage it.
- Understand how emotions can affect perceptions of what is ethical.
- Understand cross-cultural differences in stressors.