Management Thought & OB
Organizational Behaviour studies the influence that individuals, groups and structure have on behaviour within organizations.
• Its chief goal is to apply that knowledge towards improving an organization’s effectiveness.
• A field of study devoted to understanding, explaining, and ultimately improving the attitudes and behaviours of individuals and groups in organizations
• The study of what people think, feel, and do in and around organizations
• Groups of people who work interdependently toward some purpose
• Collective entities
• Collective sense of purpose
Workplace success depends on:
- Respect for people.
- Understanding of human behaviour in complex organizational systems.
- Individual commitment to flexibility, creativity, and learning.
- Individual willingness to change.
Thus, ultimately, Organisational Behaviour is a study of human behaviour in organizations & a multidisciplinary field devoted to understanding individual and group behaviour, interpersonal processes and organizational dynamics.